Sunday, June 7, 2015

While Ken's Away . . .

Ken went to AZ for a week for work, so I did a few fun things with the girls to help us all survive the long week without him.

First, I took the girls to one of our babysitters to get their nails painted.  These aren't the best pictures, but the girls were so excited to have "sparkly" nails - especially since they've never had their nails painted before.

And then I took the girls to Portland for a few days of fun.  It was rainy and cool most of the time we were there, but that didn't slow us down too much.  Amelia wanted to show Sophia around the outside of the temple, since she didn't get to come with us the last time we came to Portland.
After lunch with our friend, Judy, we went to Pump It Up, Jr. - an indoor play area with inflatable toys for kids (and adults) to play on - slides, bouncy areas, and maze/obstacle courses.  All 3 of us had fun, but they certainly have more stamina than I did.

The next day, my friend Robin watched the girls for a few hours so that I could go to the temple for a session - which I enjoyed very much.  That afternoon, I took the girls downtown to ride on the MAX (the light rail in Portland).  The girls thought it was very cool . . . Sophia just didn't want her picture taken ;)
We rode the train to PSU and got ice cream at Ben & Jerry's.  A hit for everyone!
Due to "Fleet Week", the MAX was running slow/late, so the girls and I walked along the route, while we waited for the MAX.  The girls had fun posing with all the cool sculptures along the way. 

Sometimes I miss the "big city" life, but after the few days we were there, I was reminded that I certainly don't miss the traffic.

The sun finally came out the day we were leaving, and the girls had fun jumping on the trampoline, swinging on the swings, and playing in the sandbox.


Back at home, I took the girls to play in the "creek" in front of the Children's Museum when it was  80+F.  We're definitely NW girls - over 80F is too hot for us.  Thank goodness for places to cool down in the water.

It's been a fun week, but we'll be so glad when Daddy comes home, glad as we can be!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Great job mom, looks like you had lots of fun! Love the nails, so sparkly. And thank you again for saving the day in Primary today! We are very grateful.