So many good things have happened in the last month, I can't believe I'm just now blogging about it. We started April with Easter . . . and our traditional Easter egg hunt in our back yard in between the Saturday sessions of General Conference. Sophia definitely had the hang of it this year . . .
and it was a race to see who could find the eggs the fastest. Amazingly they each found the same amount of eggs!Me: "Amelia, show me your basket" . . . and I get this weird pose.
Ken: "Sophia, show me your basket" . . . and he gets the basket.
The happy egg-finders at the end of the hunt.
At the end of the day on Saturday, I asked Amelia what her favorite part of the day was. She told me her favorite part was General Conference. That was definitely my favorite part too. So many good talks and good music . . . but maybe Amelia liked all the good snacks I had set out. My philosophy is if their mouths are full of food, they tend to be quieter ;)
After General Conference was over on Sunday, we colored Easter Eggs. I'm not a huge fan of hard-boiled eggs and I know my girls (and me) like to color eggs, so I did my mom's trick and we used raw eggs. The girls did great and we (myself included) only cracked 4 eggs . . . out of 2 dozen, I thought that was pretty good. And since we eat scrambled eggs almost every day, the girls had fun choosing which egg to choose each morning for breakfast for the next few weeks.
Ken wanted to take pictures of the girls for his mom, and Amelia insisted on standing on a bunch of pillows for one of her pictures. (I have no idea why.)

Oh my, it's that time of year! On Monday we went to Evergreen Forest to register Amelia for Kindergarten. She was so excited . . . and Sophia was excited for her too. Sophia is going to miss Amelia a lot while she's in school, but I'm hoping I can get Sophia into a preschool of some sort to help soften the blow.
And last, but not certainly least, Amelia finally decided that she was ready to use the potty! She did it the day before Ken's birthday and he says that was the best present he could have gotten. There has a been a whole lot of fasting and prayers for that girl. Miracles still happen! Even Sophia told Amelia that she was proud of her! I can hardly believe I got 2 potty-trained girls within a month. Simply amazing!


1 comment:
I could not be happier for all of you- what amazing news, all of it! Good things take time . . . but great things happen all at once!
Post a Comment