Thursday, September 11, 2014

Dragon Dance

Today during Quiet Time, the girls chose an "Angelina Ballerina" video we had borrowed from the library.  The last episode was of Angelina learning about the Chinese dragon dance.  As soon as the show was over, Amelia asked if we could make our own dragon to have our own dragon dance.  Not to dampen their enthusiasm, I quickly said yes, and we got right to work.  Amelia drew the head, Sophia drew a body piece, and I drew a few extra pieces.  Here they are displaying their creations. 
And thanks to Youtube, I found perfect Chinese dragon music to go with their creation.

The "complete" dragon
I'm not sure where they get it from, but I'm grateful for creative children . . . and try hard not to dampen their enthusiasm.  

2 comments:

Kimma said...

How fun! What a cute idea.

Lisa said...

That's awesome!!