It doesn't get really hot here very often, so when it does, we have to find ways to cool down. Yesterday it was over 90F here - and humid - and for those of us in the Northwest, it was pretty unbearable. Being the nice mom I am, I took the girls to play in the water in front of the Children's Museum. I thought the water felt rather warm, and not really cool and refreshing, but the girls seemed to think it was great. Here is Sophia riding on a fish . . .
. . . and Amelia swimming with the fishes.
Due to an over abundance of fruit snacks, left over from our UT roadtrip (but hey, can you ever really have too many fruit snacks?) I have been taking them with us on outings, small errand runnings, etc - where I'm sure every Mom takes them, but my children are thrilled by them. Mostly because I never buy them and now they're showing up everywhere. But not only do my girls love the fruit snacks themselves, they also enjoy the bags they came in. This became a great toy to play with while we were there . . . fill it up with water then dump it on a rock; watch it float down the stream and chase after it, carry it around with you as a prize possession (that is a whole story on it's own - maybe for another time). I wish I had gotten a picture of the girls with their fruit snack bags, but they had as much fun with them as any other water toy.
Going to parks and other public places reminds me that even though I love to talk, I do not like to talk to random strangers or hear them tell me about all their trials, etc. I find it so odd that people I don't know and will most likely never see again, feel the need to share rather personal information with me. And on another side note, I found it odd that on a Monday afternoon, there were just as many Dads there with their children as there were Moms. Maybe I shouldn't see it as odd, but rather, as really cool that so many Dads were there spending time with their kids.
1 comment:
That looks so fun!
Post a Comment