Monday, October 7, 2013

It's Autumn Time

I'm not sure how Amelia learned about it, but she has been looking forward to jumping in a big pile of leaves for what seems like months.  Usually Ken rakes and/or blows the leaves while the girls are sleeping or with me, so Amelia hasn't been able to jump in them.  Today, I decided to help Ken . . . and therefore Amelia . . . by raking up some leaves in between rain showers.  Amelia was so excited.
 And of course, Sophia is happy to do whatever Amelia is excited about.
Their pattern of playing in the leaves is exactly the same as the way they play in puddles - they run back and forth laughing and having a great time.
Amelia tried to make a leaf angel.  I think she liked it, despite the wet leaves sticking in her hair.
 Sophia wanted to try it too, but almost as quickly wanted to get back up.
After I gathered up leaves in the garbage can, the girls liked helping me stomp down the leaves to make room for more leaves.  Sadly, by the time Ken gets home from work today, he won't even be able to tell I raked . . . except for the full garbage can of leaves.  Oh the joy of living surrounded by oak trees.

No comments: