Friday, September 13, 2013

Last Pool Party

This has nothing to do with the pool, but I thought it was cute.  The other day both girls were playing so nicely and correctly with their toys, I just had to take a picture (Amelia disappeared before I could take her picture).  And Sophia looked so cute with her head propped on her hands.
So when the forecast called for 90F weather this week, I figured that was a good excuse to get out the pool for the last time.  We've only pulled it out twice before - once in UT and once here - and both times Ken set it up.  And now I know why.  It is exhausting.  I spent an hour blowing it up - alternating between blowing into it from my mouth and using a foot pump that didn't work much better than just blowing into it.  After countless comments from Amelia "is it ready?" . . . "this is a lot of hard work, huh?" . . . "is it ready now?" . . . "can I help?" . . . "is it ready NOW?" . . . I decided the pool was inflated enough to hold water and put the hose in.  My girls love to splash and play in deep water, but thank goodness they were just as happy to run back and forth in a few inches of water instead.
I made sure that the pool was in the shade, put sunscreen on the girls, and sat down to catch my breath . . . literally.  Well, being exhausted, I didn't think about the shade moving, so after about 10-15 min, the pool was mostly in sun . . . which my girls don't like (yeah, they're definitely used to living in the NW).  So I offered to get them their hats - which they said yes to - but which were promptly dropped into the pool.  This led to their next activity for the next 10-15 min.  Dip the hat into the pool . . . exit the pool . . .
run across the yard and let the water drip from the hat onto the tomatoes in our "pseudo-garden" . . .
try to smile when Mom asks you to . . . 
run back to the pool . . . and repeat.  Overall, the girls spent an hour playing in the pool which equaled the hour that I spent blowing it up, so I figured that was pretty good.
And on a completely random side.  The other night I looked outside and saw these 2 "jungle women" out in the yard.  It just made me laugh.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Glad they got some pool time in. Those take forever to blow up!! And I love the jungle women too :-)