I've spent the last few months getting things ready for our road trip to UT. I've done as much as I have time and energy for, and I'm just hoping I have enough stuff and ideas to avoid too many melt-downs on our long drive.
First off is the "Are we there yet?" car tracker - the little car moves along the ribbon, away from home and toward the hotel.
The "I Spy" bags . . .
Coloring books with pictures and blank paper . . . along with new notepads and crayons.
Dollar Store toys - which will be handed out in brown paper bags, as needed along the way.
New movies, plus ones I've checked out at the library, plus cd's to sing along with.I bought sheet pans at the Dollar Store (I'm not sure how good they'd be for baking on, but they'll be perfect for our road trip.) to use as trays and magnet boards.
I made matching games . . .
and paper dolls - one for Sophia . . .
and one for Amelia.
And I bought new (gently used) books and subscribed the girls to the Friend magazine.
And last but not least, I bought sidewalk chalk and bubbles for rest stops. I have plotted out rest stops - found city parks to play in - and planned enough time to run around, that hopefully getting back into the car won't be too painful.
1 comment:
WOW you are amazing!! You guys will do great!!
Post a Comment